Friday, November 23, 2007

"Black" Friday

I have always wondered why people would subject themselves to the madness of shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving. All you ever hear are horror stories about crowds, lines, advertisements that are not accurate, and short stock in the stores. However this year I was interested enough in one of the "deals' at K Mart on something one of my grandsons wanted for a gift. I ventured out at 5: 30 AM on Friday, and got to the store some 15 minutes later. I found the parking lot completely full, and people lined up outside a locked door until the store opened, as promised at 6 AM. I quickly made my way to the toy area, and surprisingly found the 3 items I had come for in ample supply for the first 15 to 20 minutes the store was open, which is all I really cared about anyway. I got my items, and waited about 10 minutes to pay, and was on my way by 6:20 AM, not bad at all. I only saved $10.00, however I gained the experience of shopping on the busiest shopping day of the year.

No comments: